Friday 17 October 2014

Hit a Brick Wall!

It's been a while since I've posted because since I put the photos up for sale I haven't actually taken many photos that I like and want to show people. I've sort of lost motivation now that the Etsy site is done which is really bad because I should be constantly putting photos up! I think part of it is that I'm now doubting whether my work is actually good enough to sell and whether people actually like it. After doing research about selling on Etsy, I know that it can take a long time to make you're first sale and you need to advertise it and work on publicity which I have been pretty bad with recently so I know that I need to start doing it again but I've lost the excitement of it.

I think because it's now getting colder outside and it's raining a lot, I just don't want to go outside and would prefer to stay in the warmth of my bed! It's getting to the point where I just need to man up and get on with it because I do love taking photos, I just need to get that motivation and creativity back!

Now that it's autumn, there's lots of new photo opportunities out there, with the leaves turning the beautiful shades of red and brown and all of the incredible fungi that pops up (I love taking photos of fungi!!) it really is an amazing time of year so there should be nothing stopping me from taking photos!

Since I haven't been taking many photos, I needed something else to fill the time because I have a LOT of free time! Last week I went into Hobby Craft to see if there was anything in there that could give me ideas of what I could do. I came across the knitting section and decided straight away that this is what I want to do! It might sound kind of lame and stereotypically be seen as something grandmas do, but I have always wanted to learn how to knit! My mum isn't very good at it and my Grandma lives too far away to teach me so I decided to learn from videos on-line. At the shop I didn't really know what I was getting, especially when it came to the needles as there were so many to choose from so I just went with some 5mm ones! I also chose some pretty wool. As soon as I got home I started straight away and instantly fell in love! It took me a while to get the hang of it but then I started doing different patterns and got more confidence. I am now knitting my first scarf! I'm so excited to finish it and actually be able to wear something that I made!


This is my scarf so far. I still have a long way to go with it but I'm pleased with how it's going. I really love the dark red colour and think it would be perfect for autumn! I'm using the moss/seed stitch which has a really good texture.

I love knitting so much already that I went back to the shop and bought another two pairs of needles (7.5mm and 10mm) and a lot more wool! I like the fact that I can just do it in front of the TV and it doesn't take too much brain power.


This is my collection of newly bought wool and needles. As you can see I have for quite autumnal colours and I love them!

If any of you are thinking about starting knitting then I highly recommend it. What could be better than making lots of scarves!! Plus they would make lovely Christmas presents!



No comments:

Post a Comment